Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Struggle from the Past

I was clearing my stuff when I found this scribble of a Poem dated 24/04/06. I don't even know what I was writing about man but here goes...

I am lost in the world of aimlessness;
But trust in you, I am found.
Though I am stuck in the realm of the mind,
my decision for my heart is ground.

O how I want to be desperate,
to want to long for you;
But these struggles to keep with disciplined effort
is such a hard thing to do.

As I walk through this valley with the enemy,
I know I will find the light.
I pray you'll show me that the foe's just me,
and give me godly insight.

Help me see that the valley was no valley,
but a mountain with the sun turned off.
Help me see you in that picture,
and the victory I must grab hold of.

No more hiding in the shadows,
No more doors to close.
But naked in the meadows
with you and my pure heart to show.

For I am not just dust from Earth's waste,
but a human spiritually empowered.
There's so much more ahead of me to chase,
I just need you to reveal the encounters.

Yes, only friendship and time will I be pleasantly surprised,
that you are so much more that I thought comprised.
You aren't just a provider, protector and best friend,
but an amazing God and an ever helping hand.

No comments: