Monday, August 3, 2009

Broke-back Bank

My expenditures are no longer covered and I am officially broke.

I actually can't even afford to put food on my table. Living on what I have now from past groceries... what happened? I guess my family's just gonna pay for my school fees now and i gotta fend for myself. I thought this wouldn't be much of a problem except that now it's starting to stress me out cos I really need a job and I am that broke.

In this time of need, God has still been faithful. He's brought ppl along to bless me with meals and i've even won tickets to go watch the NDP next Sunday! Hehe...

This is actually a really humbling experience. I've also realised that i'm a "yes" girl... can't say no. Everything also want to do, everywhere also want to go and everyone also want to please. I guess i really have to think for myself now... there is a price for trying to please everyone and i can't do that all the time. So now, i guess i needa learn to say no. Anyways, i've got so much school work to catch up on now. So its still good.

I pray that I get a job near home and that it pays $20 an hour at least. I guess this is another season for me already. Getting down to business and cutting back on the partying and playing. God has been really gracious and I'm thankful for that.

Last weekend was pretty good i guess. We went to an event organised by the Singapore Association in Monash where we won the free tickets to NDP screening on Sunday and had free pizza dinner too. Then went out to eat again and watch DVDs at char's. Slept only at 6am man! Then the next day had to wake up at 12pm cos i was hanging out with Mah. =) We haven't hung out by ourselves for a really long time already, so it was really good to just spend time together. We had lunch then went to the Melbourne Aquarium. It was ok only... the best attraction were the penguins i guess cos underwater world has everything else and is nicer too. Nevertheless it was good company and that's what matters. After that, we had good hot chocolate and dessert at Koko Black. What a good way to end the day!

Met up with Char and Shy for dinner again then went for the opening of Bass Lounge. It was cool cos we had some frees for entrance and my drinks were paid for for the whole night. See, God even covers my expenditure in the clubs =) Bass lounge was great... music was the best i've heard from here so far so we had a good time.

Next day had to wake up super early for church again. Super tired already.... then I had lunch at Nasi Lemak House, which was also my dinner cos portions were super huge =). Super Yums! After which, shopping at DFO. Quite sian cos i'm broke.. but i'm contented with what i have. I know.. amazing right? lol! Met the guys to watch Public Enemies at night. Movie tickets were already pre-paid before i got broke so that's also covered. Haha! Went home pretty late... super cold and tired night!

That rounds up my update for the weekend. Peace.

No comments: